Two Healthy dinner recipes for people trying to lose weight
If you are trying to lose some weight, you have to think outside the box for you to come up with a meal that will both help in your goal and still be healthy for you. Selecting ingredients you rarely use could result in something amazing yet delicious. New (healthy dinner recipes) can also help you avoid cravings that make you put on more weight.
1.0 Turkey chili dish
This dish will cook just fine on a slow stove to allow you time to do other things as it gets ready since it takes several hours to prepare.
- A ground turkey
- A can of chickpeas
- Green bell pepper
- Two habanero peppers
- Red bell pepper
- Two cans of crushed tomatoes
- Large Spanish onion
- Chili powder, celery stalks, and pepper
- Garlic cloves, salt and cumin
The amounts of these ingredients will vary depending on how you want your meal.
- Brown the turkey in a frying pan on medium heat. Do not overcook the proteins, you want the natural juices to remain.
- Drain any excess oil after frying it and then put the meat into the crock-pot.
- Cut the onions, bell, peppers and celery stalks into medium sized pieces and not small ones as they will get lost in the meal.
- Add them into the pot together with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Let them steam for some time and add the chickpeas, tomatoes. After some minutes, add the crushed garlic and the thinly cut habaneros.
The meal will be ready in about five hours in a low heat cooker and less time in a high heat cooker. Serve while hot.
2.0 Lean ground beef and Turkish dish
One of the best ways to lose weight is by cutting down on the excess carbohydrates. However, remember to keep the complex carbohydrates but can still swap them for an equally good alternative.
- Ground beef
- Iceberg lettuce
- Ground turkey
- Tomatoes, salt, lemon wedge, and pepper
- Water, cayenne, quinoa and onions
The ingredients quantities will be as per your tastes and preferences as well as the number of people that will have the meal.
- Peel and slice the onion and the mix it with lean beef and the ground turkey.
- Add salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Mix them thoroughly then form patties.
- The thicker the patty, the longer it will take to cook in the middle.
- Do not use raw ground turkey.
- Put the mixture in the fridge and turn on the barbeque.
- Take this time to prepare the side dish. In another pot, add the quinoa and water and let them boil, then simmer in low heat.
- When the quinoa is almost halfway, place the burgers on the grill. At this point, prepare the lettuce and the tomatoes.
- Do not cut the lettuce leaves but slice the tomatoes.
- The lettuce leaves will be placed on each patty on each plate. When the quinoa is ready, squeeze some lemon juice and serve hot.